When I was pregnant with my third child, I was super frustrated because I couldn't take anything for my stuffy nose and I was miserable. This is when a friend introduced me to essential oils and when PEPPERMINT cleared my sinuses INSTANTLY, I was hooked.
Over the past two years, I have expanded my collection of oils for many different uses but I wanted to share my TOP 5 favorites with you all here:
PEPPERMINT - BREATHE EASY
This is my favorite for expectant mamas! I loved it when I was pregnant because it was safe and I still use it daily to help clear my sinuses and give me that pick me up when I am sleepy.
- If you are super stuffy (i had this with all 3 pregnancies) inhale or apply topically under now and/or back of neck (be sure to dilute with a carrier oil as it can cause skin sensitivity.
- BEWARE this will decrease your milk supply so only use if you are ready to stop breastfeeding
- My personal favorite is to rub this on the back of my neck and diffuse when I have a migraine
LAVENDER - SLEEP, SLEEP and MORE SLEEP
Lavender was a game changer for me. I love it most for newborns and toddlers and almost always gift it to my newborn clients. It has the most amazing calming effect on babies.
- Start with a few drops in the bath and add a few drops to bedding to promote relaxation
- Dilute with a carrier oil and massage on forehead, back, shoulders, under nose and especially on the bottom of feet
- For teething babies, massage on jaw line using a carrier oil
PROTECTIVE BLEND - BATTLE THE SICKNESS
This blend has been a lifesaver this winter with all of the nasty bugs going around. We use it daily in my house and I LOVE THE SMELL.
- Diffuse aromatically or dilute with a carrier oil and massage on the bottom of feet to boost immunity and combat viral and bacterial threats to the body
- Add to water and use as a surface cleaner
GROUNDING BLEND - STRESS AWAY
This is a new favorite for me. I started using it to calm my two year old (and myself) and it may not completely get rid of the terrible two's but it at least takes the edge off (for both of us).
- Create a roller ball with the grounding blend and dilute with a carrier oil. Rub on the bottom toddler's feet or back of the neck morning and evening to help combat the tantrums (Terrible Two's)
CLEANSING BLEND - CLEAN HOUSE SMELL
I like to say this is my "spring go to" oil. It is so clean and fresh smelling and I use it ALL THE TIME. Actually, it is currently in my kitchen diffuser right now!
- Get rid of the dirty house smell by diffusing this light and airy smell
- Mix with vinegar and water in glass bottle for cleaning
- Laundry : add 2-4 drops to your wash for that fresh smell
These are just a few of my favorites but they are used EVERYDAY! I hope you found some of these Essential Oil "Mommy Must Haves" beneficial and if you would like to learn more about essential oils please check out my friend Jess's website and she can hook you up with some oils.
If you or someone you know is looking for a NH Birth or Newborn Photographer and you would like to learn more about the White Wave Photography Experience please contact me today. Sign up below to become a White Wave VIP and learn more about my "Mommy Must Haves".